Green thinking is more than good business. At Manhard Consulting, it’s a way of life.
From the boardroom to the lunchroom, we support eco-responsibility in small but important ways, and do our part to ensure that this firm and its associates are moving toward a healthy, sustainable future. We’re not trying to change the world – just our small corner of it.
A Few Small Steps
- Corporate-wide video conferencing reduces carbon footprint, minimizes travel between offices, and improves work/life balance.
- Energy-efficient lighting, mechanical and HVAC systems reduce energy use and carbon footprint.
- Indoor air quality controls ensure a healthy work environment with building-wide ventilation, carbon monoxide monitoring, and low-emitting plants and carpets.
- Aggressive water conservation includes low-flow fixtures in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Modular carpeting allows small sections to be replaced or repaired, minimizing impact on local landfills.
- Recycling stations are located in all offices to accept paper, plastic, glass and aluminum.
- Office supplies are reused at every level, from recycling printer cartridges to reusing scrap paper for home and school use. Kitchens are stocked with dishes, glasses and flatware, virtually eliminating the use of styrofoam, paper and plastics.
- Pay stubs are available on-line which eliminates paper pay stubs and greatly reduces the amount of paper used to process each payroll.
- Carpooling and public transportation are encouraged where possible.