RCAA is managing a multi-million dollar Proposition 84 grant to convert the existing Jefferson School in Eureka into the new Jefferson Park & Community Center. The project site consists of the existing school on 2.4 acres adjacent to several residential neighborhoods.
Manhard prepared the Initial Study to support a Mitigated Negative Declaration for CEQA compliance and compiled the Conditional Use Permit application. Manhard also coordinated with City of Eureka and various regulatory agencies.
The project was approved unanimously and with great enthusiasm by the Planning Commission; in fact, the Chair of the Planning Commission said that the work was “outstanding” and the Vice-Chair said that the CEQA study is “one of the best done studies I have had the pleasure of looking at. Concise where it needed to be concise: You got out all the facts.”
Following the initial study, Manhard was awarded a contract for engineering design and construction management services for the project.
Scope of services includes:
- Demolition and project phasing/staging plans
- Offsite improvement plans
- Utility plans
- Site grading and drainage plans
- Site stormwater management and sustainable irrigation plans
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and draft document
- Site and park improvement details
- Site and street landscape plans