The Ruth Lake Country Club project included several projects that required design and permitting to be phased to meet opening schedules and timed to minimize disruption to the ongoing operations of the club.
The initial phase included the construction of a four court paddle facility and clubhouse at the SE corner of the property. An aggregate infiltration system was installed beneath the courts to provide site drainage and to meet DuPage County’s Best Management Practice requirements. This initial phase approach allowed the paddle courts to be constructed over the summer and open for use in late Fall/Winter.
The second phase of the Club improvements involved several concurrent projects including:
• New practice green, 1st Hole Tee and fairway improvements
• Naturalized vegetation and retaining wall along Ruth Lake shoreline.
• Demolition of Cart Building and construction of new Cart Storage structure under surface parking facility.
• Remodel of Clubhouse, patio, pavers and pathway system
• Pool House and Pump House improvements
• Multi-use Event Lawn & Cart Staging Area
These several projects were designed and permitted as one master land development project to expedite the permit approval process and to allow for construction to begin on all aspects at the end of the golf season, thereby minimizing impacts to the golf operations.