Manhard provided master planning services for Reed Development of Bluffton, South Carolina. The proposed Intermodal Logistics Park totals ±2,400 acres in Jasper County and was meant to serve port operations at the Port of Savannah and the future South Atlantic International Terminal on the north side of the lower Savannah River.
The master plan was intended to provide Reed Development with the tools necessary for the development of the tract into a state-of-the-art intermodal freight/logistics facility that could provide an economic engine for the local and regional community.
Services provided by Manhard included:
- rail, roadway and intermodal site planning and preliminary engineering
- site utility design including: lighting, telecommunications, refueling stations and compressed air facilities
- terminal throughput modeling and operational analysis
- environmental site assessment & wetland delineation
- facilities programming and design
- environmental remediation & wetlands mitigation